PhD in Management International Deans Scholarship at Aston University in Uk 2019
Aston University is inviting applications for its PhD in Management International Deans Scholarship in the UK for the 2019/2020 academic session.
At Aston Business School its PhD programme is designed to train Doctoral students who aspire to become future academics or professional industry researchers. Their research expertise is embedded in their academic departments, and you are strongly recommended to explore these departmental web pages before applying so that you can better position your research proposal to fit with academics’ current research interests.
The origins of Aston University are a School of Metallurgy formed in the Birmingham and Midland Institute in 1875. The Birmingham Municipal Technical School separated from the Institute in 1895, teaching chemistry, physics, metallurgy and electrical engineering. In 1911, commercial classes were introduced and grew into an independent School of Commerce by 1916. The school changed its name in 1927 to the Birmingham Central Technical College, to reflect its changing approach to teaching technology.
Value of Award
This scholarship covers;
- The stipend of £15,480 per annum and
- Full fee waiver (for all UK, EU, and International students)
To be eligible, you must have;
- A UK postgraduate degree, with 70% in both the taught and dissertation components
- A non-UK postgraduate degree, with 65% in both the taught and dissertation components AND a GRE/GMAT* test score of 70% across all areas.
NB: Applicants who hold a UK postgraduate degree, but have not met the 70% threshold (taught and dissertation) can still qualify for the Dean’s Scholarship by taking a GRE/GMAT* test and achieving the required 70% across all areas.
How to Apply
- Complete the online application form for entry to the Aston Business School PhD programme here, and provide all relevant additional documentation
- Indicate in this application that you are applying for the Dean’s Scholarship
- All candidates will be informed of the outcome within six weeks of their application.
- Please contact if you have any questions or need further information.
Deadline: Application closes scholarships are awarded on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.